Tag Archives: National
High School Lacrosse: McDonogh Girls Lacrosse (MD) Finishes Season As “2013 Nike/US Lacrosse #1 Ranked Team In Nation” With 22-0 Record
High School Lacrosse: Ward Melville Boys Lacrosse Rolls Over West Genesee 16-4 On June 8 To Win 2013 New York State Class A Lacrosse Championship; Ends Season As #1 Team In Nation
High School Lacrosse: Video Highlights Of National #1 Ward Melville Boys Lacrosse 12-3 Win Over Massapequa On June 1 To Capture Long Island Class A Lacrosse Championship 2013
Massapequa Chiefs vs Ward Melville. Long Island Championships 2013. Ward Melville wins 12-3. At left, Ward Melville’s Daniel Bucaro drives against Massapequa’s Nick Capuana in the second half. (June 1, 2013) Photo Credit: Joseph D. Sullivan.
High School Lacrosse: Video Scoring Highlights Of National #1 Boys Latin Lacrosse (19-0) 13-8 Win Over #17 St. Paul’s (15-5) In MIAA-A Match On May 7
Video highlights of National #1 Boys Latin Lacrosse 13-8 win over St. Paul’s (MD) on May 7, 2013.
“Lacrosse Magazine” Releases Final High School Boys Lacrosse Rankings Featuring #1 Garden City (NY) Followed By Calvert Hall (MD), Gonzaga (DC), Bridgewater-Raritan (NJ) And West Islip (NY); #16 La Costa Canyon Is Top Team In West
|1. Garden City (N.Y.)||22-0||1|
|2. Calvert Hall (Md.)||16-2||2|
|3. Gonzaga (D.C.)||20-1||3|
|4. Bridgewater-Raritan (N.J.)||21-0||5|
|5. West Islip (N.Y.)||22-1||6|
|6. Haverford School (Pa.)||21-2||7|
|7. Conestoga (Pa.)||23-3||8|
|8. St. Anthony’s (N.Y.)||16-3||9|
|9. Chaminade (N.Y.)||16-2||10|
|10. Duxbury (Mass.)||23-2||12|
|11. Ithaca (N.Y.)||18-2||15|
|12. Fairport (N.Y.)||20-1||4|
|13. Episcopal Academy (Pa.)||18-5||11|
|14. Loyola Blakefield (Md.)||16-4||14|
|15. Irondequoit (N.Y.)||19-3||NR|
|16. La Costa Canyon (Calif.)||22-1||23|
|17. Niskayuna (N.Y.)||20-2||13|
|18. Gilman (Md.)||12-4||18|
|19. Landon School (Md.)||13-6||22|
|20. La Salle College (Pa.)||20-5||16|
|21. Culver Military Academy (Ind.)||18-3||25|
|22. St. Andrew’s (Fla.)||23-2||21|
|23. Salisbury School (Conn.)||12-1||17|
|24. Arapahoe (Colo.)||19-0||24|
|25. Darien (Conn.)||20-2||19|
Western High School Lacrosse: “Lacrosse Magazine” Ranks Cherry Creek Girls Lacrosse (CO) #1 Followed By Coronado (CA), La Costa Canyon (CA), Carondelet (CA) And Kent Denver (CO)
1. Cherry Creek (Colo.), 9-1 The Bruins knocked off former-No. 1 Carondelet (Calif.), 23-11, earning a signature victory for Colorado lacrosse. Since losing to St. Ignatius Prep (Calif.) on March 24, Cherry Creek has won six straight and is position for its 10th state championship.
2. Coronado (Calif.), 9-1 The Islanders opened the season with nine consecutive victories before losing 9-7 to Holy Cross (Md.). Coronado’s only other game last week — against Patrick Henry — was rained out, but the Islanders have a huge matchup April 19 against Torrey Pines (Calif.).
3. La Costa Canyon (Calif.), 10-1 The Mavericks picked up an impressive, 10-5 victory over Torrey Pines (Calif.). La Costa Canyon has now won nine consecutive games with upcoming tests against Mission Hills (Calif.) and Scripps Ranch (Calif.).
4. Carondelet (Calif.), 9-1 The Cougars won two of three games in their spring trip against a few of Colorado’s toughest teams. Cali Castagnola scored the game-winner in a 14-13 victory over Kent Denver and Kerianne Hunt scored the golden goal in a 15-14 defeat of Air Academy, but Carondelet lost the final game 23-11 to Cherry Creek.
5. Kent Denver (Colo.), 5-1 The Sun Devils fell just short in a 14-13 loss to California powerhouse Carondelet, but Kent Denver remains in the hunt for a league championship. A big game against No. 1 Cherry Creek is right around the corner.
6. Monte Vista-Danville (Calif.), 8-1 The Mustangs remain in the thick of the title race and should be refreshed after a two-week layoff. Monte Vista has won five consecutive games after a 16-6 loss to Carondelet. A rematch against Amador Valley — which they beat 8-7 in overtime earlier this season — looms large.
7. St. Ignatius Prep (Calif.), 10-2 The Wildcats split a pair of games against two of Texas’ strongest teams. St. Ignatius beat Cy-Fair, 13-7, to end the Iron Maidens’ eight-game winning streak, but the Wildcats fell just short against St. John’s, 16-13.
8. Air Academy (Colo.), 7-2 The Kadets’ only losses came against two of the West Coast’s toughest teams: Cherry Creek (Colo.) and Carondelet (Calif.). Air Academy had the final possession and a chance to tie the game against Carondelet but could not find the finishing touch in a 14-13 loss.
9. Lake Oswego (Ore.), 4-0 The Lakers get back to action after a two-week break. Lake Oswego’s toughest test to date comes against undefeated, 8-0 West Linn (Ore.), which is followed by a game against 6-1 Oregon City (Ore.).
10. Bingham (Utah), 11-0 The Miners have out-scored their opponents by an average of 10 goals per game, but Bingham is going to be put to the test against rival Alta (Utah).